Tuesday 2 April 2013

Don't worry. Here is Australia.

Nico : Since I came to live in Australia, it is 5 months now. Time flies like an arrow. After Christmas, I couldn't write any blogs because I was busy to study English. From February 4th, I started to study English at AMEP on Wellington street. AMEP is Adult Migrant English Program which is opened in Polytechnic West. Now I am in Certificate 2 but I'm trying to be promoted to Certificate 3 next term. 

One of the reasons which MJ and I decided to live in Australia is its social system. Gay people can't marry but there is a partnership which can be applied to gay people. I don't know if it makes people in Australia notice the existence of gay people or not but life in Australia is much easier than life in Japan for us from this point. In Japan, it is really hard to find people who have gay in his or her family member, people who know someone is gay as one of their friends. This is an unbelievably big difference to live as a gay in between Japan and Australia. 

Well, now I study English in Perth. At first, I thought I could be myself as a gay at school but it was a bit harder than I expected. The teachers and other staffs are OK but I have to be careful with students who come from various countries. Some of them have feelings being uncomfortable with gay people. It is understandable but I got a bit stressed by thinking whether I would be as a gay or not. I felt I was caught by the same feelings again. It made me struggle a little bit. Finally, I decided not to tell about myself very much to other students because my good friends at school found some classmates posted comments in the wall of the group which against lesbian.

Now I feel I am very lucky because I got some good friends at school. They are my first friends in Australia except MJ's. I was really relieved when one of them told me about my struggling, ` Here is Australia. Don't worry.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment