Tuesday 29 November 2011

Bat Out of Hell

MJ: Just as I am beginning to cook dinner this evening (and by cook I mean boil some water for some pasta) I see something flying around the room. Which is odd, you know. It's winter - all the windows are shut.

Taking a closer look, it appears to be a small bird, so I attempt to catch it, using the skills learned from helping to clean out my best friends bird cages as a child. And those skills don't fail me, but it isn't a small bird I'm holding, but a small bat.


Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Pipistrelle

A Japanese Household Bat, is only 4.5cm long, but they give a good scratch and a fair bite.

So instead of relaxing in front of the TV on a Tuesday night with our favourite program, we get to spend it searching for an after hours clinic that will see me, and then trying to get there, waiting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment