Sunday 22 January 2012

Q.L.D.s - from Coral Bay to Miyako

Nico : You know I'm Japanese. I have a small wish about alcohol. I wish I could drink more alcohol than I can. Lots of Japanese can't drink much, and their body gets red when they drink alcohol at once. I wonder if I could drink lots and wouldn't turn my face red, I could have more fun. If only my face doesn't turn red, I wouldn't be embarrassed on the train going home. Because if I drink only 2glasses of wine, I look like a woman who has drunk a great deal of alcohol. 


MJ: I love the beach, I love sunsets, I love quiet drinks at sunset and I love Italian food. In Miyakojima, there is a small bar, just overlooking Painagama Beach that let's you enjoy everything I love.







It is a small bar called 'Bar Alchemist', above the Italian restaurant 'A Dish'. Before Nico and I first went to Miyakojima 'A Dish' for dinner, and then a drink above at 'Bar Alchemist was recommended to us, so that is what we did. A beautiful Italian dinner and wine, and then up the stairs outside to the bar.




We sat on the balcony outside, lit with just a few small candles and looked out over the beach. Just beautiful.

But then we saw some other customers having food brought up to them from the restaurant! 'A Dish' and 'Bar Alchemist' are separate, but have an agreement where bar-goers can order food from the menu.

So this time when Nico and I were going to Miyakojima we decided we would skip the restaurant part and just have a few drinks and a meal sitting outside at Alchemist.
 And it was beautiful!


A few Cuba Libres, a lovely sunset over the ocean (I miss that so much!), and the best Gorgonzola risotto I've ever eaten is an absolutely amazing evening.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! It sounds so idyllic I wish I could be doing that right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona it was beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was watching sunsets in Miyakojima too... -MJ

    ReplyDelete