Thursday 11 October 2012

Autumn in Japan

Nico: Now it is early Autumn in Japan. I love Autumn the best. There are the words like these in Japan. `Autumn of appetite', `Autumn of reading' .  Today, I'm going to write about ` Autumn of appetite' a little.


 In Autumn, I usually buy sweet potatoes and chestnuts on the internet. Of course you can buy them at super market but I love to have my favorite ones.

Sweet potatoes : ` Annou-imo' is the best. This sweet popato is Tanegashima production.

This sweet potato's sugar content is really high. If you can bake it well, the sugar content would be higher. Can you see some honey out from this sweet potato?









Chestnut : `Yume-amaguri' is the best. This chestnut is Kochi production.
 
taken from http://www.takeda-seika.co.jp/image/kuri-yumeama/img3.jpg

This chestnut is little bit small. But the sugar content is higher than other chestnuts. I usually boil them and cut in half, and eat with a scoon.






Yesterday,my mum made chestnut rice for me and MJ. I love chestnut rice. It is easy to cook but you should use chestnuts which are peeled.











I also love `Kuri-sekihan'. `Sekihan' is made with glutinous rice and red beans. `kuri' means chectnuts in Japanese.








Fruits : Kaki.

Kaki makes me feel ` Autumn is coming' and reminds me of when I was a child. I don't know why...But they do.










I'm going to have ` kuri-sekihan' for lunch tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. yummieeee........ by seeing my mouth getting watered.. its awesome pics... and welcome to autumn..

    ReplyDelete