Sunday 18 December 2011

Shiawase means happy in Japanese

Nico: Hmmmm. I'm writing about only food on this blog. Though I really want to share small things of our life in Japan. Would you please wait until we go to Tokyo on Christmas vacation? 

MJ: So now it's my time to write about some crazy Japanese food.

Again.

The truth is, I'm addicted to salty, savoury foods. I would be very happy to eat vegemite on toast for breakfast every day for the rest of my life. And I'd probably eat it for a few dinners and snacks as well.
 
Taken from http://www.homeliquordelivery.com.au/images/0967.jpg

One of my favourites is Smiths Salt and Vinegar Crinkle Cut potato chips, but unfortunately you can't buy good salt and vinegar flavoured chips in Japan. So Nico and I have this game of trying to find the weirdest/best potato chip flavours here. 




 
I think Nico won again. She came home on Friday with 3 flavours picked just for me.


The flavours are awesome - Happy and Content Butter, Happy Salt and Roast Mushroom.
Happy and Content Butter was a little sweet, but still brilliant. Happy Salt was amazing.

But the absolute best was Roast Mushroom. Mushrooms in Japan are yummy as it is, but it really works as a flavour in potato chips!  A bit like a fancy sour cream and onion.

Why doesn't Smiths think of flavours like this?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment