Wednesday 7 December 2011

Toilet training

MJ: My official job in Japan is an English teacher. But I am ‘teaching’ fifteen 1 - 3 year olds, so it is much more like English Child Care than English School. 

My job is so much fun. Every day I come home with stories about the cute things my kids did or said. Although I love my job, I feel like I spend half of it sitting at the toilet door waiting for kids to finish on the toilet. They are ALL at that horribly frustrating age of toilet training. 

One of my boys I'll call Dun (what he calls himself). Now Dun, he is not quite toilet trained, but he is well and truly aware of what is happening down there. He just drinks far too much to be able to control not peeing all the time.
But Dun, when he poos, he poos. Today, it took about 20 minutes. Dun sits and pushes, then takes a breather and plays, then sits and pushes, breather, pushes, breather, pushes... etc etc etc. And tears are dripping down his cute little face from the effort. And you can't take Dun off the toilet just because you start getting bored of waiting - unless he tells you he has finished, he hasn't.

I live in hope that maybe tomorrow toilet training 9 kids won't be so time consuming!

The first presents I have received from my kids - two pebbles from the park

No comments:

Post a Comment