Sunday 11 December 2011

A USJ Christmas

MJ: As an Aussie, Christmas for me is hot. Often very hot, as in 40 degrees Celsius is not unheard of. In the last 5 or so years, my extended family has been going to a small island off Perth, and spending Christmas there at the beach, and eating salads with our Christmas ham/turkey.

So spending December in cold, cold Japan does not make me feel 'Christmas-y'. Despite spending the last few weeks getting ready for the Christmas Party with my children, I still don't feel like Christmas is coming.

Until last night. This year, Nico and I bought year passes to Universal Studios in Japan. Yesterday we went to USJ for its Christmas event.

USJ has really outdone itself. Each year it has a Christmas tree, but this year the Christmas tree has a Guinness World Record for its height and sparkliness (I'm paraphrasing).

And it is beautiful. And afterwards enjoying a nice glass of red wine has made me feel all ready for Christmas.





2 comments:

  1. Is that a bloomin onion from outback steakhouse beside your glass of red?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. It was called an 'Onion Bloom' but it was at USJ. They probably stole the idea. -MJ-

    ReplyDelete